In the name of Allah.
THE SACRED MONTHS – Dhul Qi’dah 1442AH
Asalamu alaykum dear readers.
The sacred month of Dhul Qi’dah is due and we would like to remind ourselves about the importance of the four sacred months in Islam. Dhul Qi’dah is the 11th month of the Islamic calendar. The sacred months are Rajab, Dhul Qid’ah, Dhul Hijjah and Muharram, the 7th, 11th, 12th and 1st month of the Islamic Hijri calander respectively. (see Surah Tawbah, Qur’an chapter 9 verse 36). We should also prepare for the Hajj season, and endeavour to perform our obligatory Hajj for the sake of Allah, as soon as we have the means/ability.
(We should be extra careful not to sin, all the time, but particularly in the sacred months, and avoid aggression)
May Allah forgive us, be merciful to us and guide us, for He is the Most Gracious the Most Merciful, The Ever-Relenting. May Allah guide and forgive us and enable us to witness and observe many Hajj and Umrah in His obedience, with sincerity and strength and excellence. May Allah unite us in jannat al firdaus. Allah bless His final messenger Muhammad ibn Abdillah in abundance. Amin
For more info on Hajj, contact us
Dhul Qi’dah 1441
Let’s draw near to Allah with obligatory and voluntary acts of worship! Let us follow the Sunnah of The Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him with sincerity and be of those Allah loves and forgives!
Perhaps we’ve slacked a little on our Qur’an recitation regime…
Perhaps we’re not praying much optional prayers…
Perhaps we’ve fallen into the same bad habits pre-Ramadan…
Feeling regretful? That’s the first step to change. Let us acknowledge our faults, and seek Allah’s forgiveness. Let us resolve to change for the better.
WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE!
Let’s revive the Ramadan atmosphere by increasing our ibadah, by quality and quantity in sha Allah!
Let’s make a positive difference!
Top Tips to revive our iman (faith, in statement and action) after Ramadan
- Let us make more istighfar, seek Allah’s forgiveness, saying Astaghfirullah, SubhanAllahi wabihamdi, Astaghfirullaha wa atoobo ilayhi, and this amazing dua called sayyid al istighfar you MUST learn (click here!)
- Strive to pray the five prayers on time
- Strive to spend in charity
- Do good and remind others to do good and keep away from and forbid evil, trying hard to practice what we preach.
- Read more Qur’an at least a page or so a day, try to read some tafsir or translation too.
- Have good character/perfecting it
- Make someone smile : )
- More remembrance of Allah, subhanaAllah, walhamdulillah, wallahuakbar, wa la ilaha ilallah! Because it’s all about Allah Who is Al-Wahid, alone!
- Do sunnah acts, optional prayers
- Fast 6 days of Shawwal! Here’s an awesome opportunity…
Abu Ayyub (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “He who observes As-Saum (the fasts) in the month of Ramadan, and also observes As-Saum for six days in the month of Shawwal, it is as if he has observed As-Saum for the whole year.”
Subhanallah, WOW! : o
Narrated Abu Ayyub:
The Prophet (ﷺ) as saying: If anyone fasts during Ramadan, then follows it with six days in Shawwal, it will be like a perpetual fast.
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 2433, sahih Al-Albani
Don’t forget to make up what you owe of this Ramadan first (if any obligatory ones are outstanding e.g. ladies during their days off -menses etc.). Let’s complete Ramadan before following it with the Shawwal fasts, in sha Allah)
What an amazing sunnah, let’s try to fulfil this in sha Allah and tell others too, for the sake of Allah. Alhamdulillah. May Allah grant us the ability to serve Him according to Qur’an and Sunnah,with sincerity and sound intentions. wasallallahu ala nabiyinaa Muhammad. ameen ya Rab al alameen!
By the way this is a reminder to me before it is to you, so do comment below on anything you may want to add! May Allah forgive us for any errors! ameen
With love for the sake of Allah
It might just be tonight!
HOW TO SPEND THE NIGHT- Last 10 nights
[QUR’AN CHAPTER 97, ENGLISH INTERPRETATION]
It’s toooooo special to miss!!!!!
- How to observe laylatul Qadr: click here
- And if you are a lady on your menses, you can ibadah other than prayer: see this
- Some reminders from our respected lecturers in the Ramadan Revival, this night, increase in Qiyam (standing in prayer at night), reading Qur’an, making dua- lots of it, pour our hearts out to Allah! We can also give zakah if one lunar year passed on the wealth which reached the nisaab, and do other good deeds, like istighfar (seeking forgiveness from Allah –click to see amazing this dua) sadaqah, reminding each other of Allah, dhikr- remembering Allah, salat and salam on rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam!
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever stays up and prays on Laylat al-Qadr out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” Agreed upon.
Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam taught ‘Aisha radi Allahu anhaa what to say on laylat-ul-qadr:
Transliteration: Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun, tuHibul’afwa fa’fu ‘annee
Let’s revive the sunnah and flee to Allah! please remember us in your duas, and like and share this in sha Allah!
May Allah grant us sincerity, and success and jannat al firdaus, May Allah guide and have mercy on us, forgive all of us who believe and admit us to paradise, by His mercy. Allah abundantly bless rasoollullah. ameen
(References: Qur’an, Sunnah, Tafsir ibn Katheer abridged vol. 10, Darrusalam, IslamQA)]
Thurrock Muslim Community
LAST TEN NIGHTS OF RAMADAN- QUICK TIPS!!!
what types of worship can we do?
Keep us in your duas : )
May Allah have mercy on us all, wa sallallahu alaa nabiyinaa Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasallam